These waffles pack a protein punch! The neutral flavor is perfectly paired with peanut butter syrup. Thanks to Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post! Their new protein blend is fantastic!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2-3 waffles
After being at the beach all week and eating so many delicious snacks like…Reese’s…and cheddar popcorn…we needed to refocus this morning and went for a healthier version of waffles and peanut butter.
I have been on a protein waffle kick lately! So, finally, I have made my own. Instead of using boxed versions of protein waffles, thanks to Better Body Foods and their new Superfood Protein Blend, I have created a make at home protein waffle! To top it off, because you always need peanut butter to top off waffles, I used Better Bodys Food’s PBFit to make a peanut butter syrup. Happy Monday everyone :)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Better Body Food's LIVFit Superfood Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup agave (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp Better body Food's PBFit
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, LIVFit Blend, baking powder, egg, vanilla and water.
- Mix with a fork until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of waffle batter into the waffle iron and cook 2-3 minutes. Repeat with all the batter.
- Combine the agave and PBFit in a small mixing bowl and heat for 15-20 seconds.
- Serve fresh waffles with warm peanut butter syrup.