These waffles pack a protein punch! The neutral flavor is perfectly paired with peanut butter syrup. Thanks to Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post! Their new protein blend is fantastic!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2-3 waffles
After being at the beach all week and eating so many delicious snacks like…Reese’s…and cheddar popcorn…we needed to refocus this morning and went for a healthier version of waffles and peanut butter.
I have been on a protein waffle kick lately! So, finally, I have made my own. Instead of using boxed versions of protein waffles, thanks to Better Body Foods and their new Superfood Protein Blend, I have created a make at home protein waffle! To top it off, because you always need peanut butter to top off waffles, I used Better Bodys Food’s PBFit to make a peanut butter syrup. Happy Monday everyone :)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Better Body Food's LIVFit Superfood Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup agave (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp Better body Food's PBFit
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, LIVFit Blend, baking powder, egg, vanilla and water.
- Mix with a fork until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of waffle batter into the waffle iron and cook 2-3 minutes. Repeat with all the batter.
- Combine the agave and PBFit in a small mixing bowl and heat for 15-20 seconds.
- Serve fresh waffles with warm peanut butter syrup.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.