This Pasta Fagioli Soup screams Italian. Ground beef and noodles sit in a tomato and herb broth, topped off, of course, with some parmesan cheese.
Difficulty: 1 (easy peasy)
Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6-8
It’s soup time y’all! Just another reason why fall is the best season ever. This Pasta Fagioli Soup is so hearty and filling that you don’t have to worry about your family going hungry after you serve soup for dinner. It’s got the veggies, the protein, and the carbs. And, of course, the flavor! I am definitely a lover of chunky soups. I mean pureed soups are fine…but it would be so much better if there was more to it! Let me tell you, this soup is not short on that! Chunky soup at it’s finest right here. Also, here’s my other favorite soup.
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans white kidney beans
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 lb ground beef - browned
- In a large pan mix together the onions, garlic, chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese, pasta and browned ground beef and simmer 20 more minutes - until pasta is cooked.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.