Asian lettuce wraps are such a refreshing dinner! One of my favorite of summer.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4-6
It is Tuesday and it has already been a crazy busy week. That is why these Asian Lettuce Wraps appeared on our dinner table last night. Ridiculously simple and so refreshing. You can have these lettuce wraps on the table in 30 minutes. Seriously though. That’s my favorite kind of dinner.
30 minutes guys. Maybe even less.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 4 green onions - chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook until browned (5-7 minutes)
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ginger.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix in the green onions and sesame oil.
- Serve on leaves of iceberg lettuce.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.