There is a secret to this Brown Butter Shortbread. It is gluten free! No one can ever tell, it’s that good. Thanks to Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes
Brown Butter Shortbread is kind of like a dream come true. The brown butter creates a toffee flavor that is unreal. Yesterday someone who tried this for the first time said “oh my gosh, you have no idea how happy I am now. This is so good!” It’s real life people. And guess what? This is gluten free! Gluten free toffee shortbread deliciousness umm yes. Yes, it is. And yes, it is delicious. This is part of Better Body Food’s #BetterBodyBlend campaign! On the road to finding the best gluten free flour combination. You can join the competition too! All you have to do is make a recipe using a combination of almond and coconut flours. Then post it to social media using #BetterBodyBlend and #BetterBodyFoods.
- 1 cup brown butter*
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour**
- ⅓ cup coconut flour**
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz (1 bag) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the room temperature browned butter, the flours, sugars and vanilla. Dough should be crumbly.
- Press dough in a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Spread with melted chocolate and let chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- *Brown Butter - melt 1 cup (2 sticks) of salted butter over high heat in a large skillet until just browned. Butter will melt, then turn super bubbly, then start to brown. Immediately remove from pan (in a heat safe bowl!!) as soon as it starts to brown.*
- **Can substitute almond and coconut flours with 1⅔ cup all purpose flour**