The easiest fall dessert! We’re having this Cinnamon Apple Crisp (5 easy steps y’all) for our Thanksgiving dinner instead of the traditional pumpkin pie. I’m kind of excited about it.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes Servings: 10-12
This is one of those nostalgic dishes for me. Whenever I think of apple crisp, I think of Sunday dinners at Grandma’s house! It was always a treat when we had apple crisp for dessert. I decided to forgo the classic pumpkin pie and instead give a shoutout to my grandma and serve this 5 step Cinnamon Apple Crisp this Thanksgiving. It is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make and it is always this delicious. Don’t stress about the pies you are supposed to make next week, just whip up this super easy apple crisp! It will be a welcome change to the traditional pies.
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) cold butter - cut into small pieces
- Peel and chop apples into bite size pieces - making about 4 cups of chopped apples.
- In a 9x13 pan, mix together the apples, water and cinnamon.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar and butter. Mush around with a fork (or with your hand) until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Top the apples with the crumbly mixture and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm and topped with fresh whipped cream!