I seriously love football. Saturday morning, college football goes on and stays on all day and it is pure happiness. But let me tell you the funny thing. Half the time…I’m not even watching and I don’t even know who’s playing. I just get this weird comfort from hearing all the sounds of football in the background.
Alright. Who am I kidding. Let’s get to the real reason why I love football so much. The food: chips, dips, wings, brats, man the list of game day food could go on and on! We usually have a party at our house and I love coming up with new game day recipes to share with our friends. Like these loaded baked potato rounds. Pure genius I tell you. It’s like all the goodness of a baked potato – bite sized.
- 3-4 red potatoes, (or 1-2 large russet potatoes) sliced ¼ – ½ inch thick
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of bacon – cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – grated
- ¼ cup chives – chopped
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place sliced potatoes on a lined cookie sheet, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Top potatoes with cheese and bacon, cook 5 minute more until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and chives.