Thank you to Omaha Steaks for providing these steak burgers! I decided to spice them up with some amazing Cranberry BBQ Sauce.
Difficulty Level: 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Cranberry BBQ Sauce. It’s everything good about fall. First, you are going to need some nice juicy steak burgers from Omaha Steaks. Let’s be real, who doesn’t like hamburger patties on hand? Quick easy dinner for those crazy nights. Cook up those patties, smother it with cranberry BBQ sauce.
And then cheese. Cheese is needed on everything. All the time. It should probably have it’s own portion size on every plate. My most favorite cheese to use on burgers is gruyere. It is so so perfect on burgers. Not a cheese I want to eat by itself, but once it gets melty…mmm mmm mmm. 3 slices please.
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Pinch chipotle chili powder
- 4 hamburger patties
- Slices of gruyere cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Buns and condiments
- Place cranberries, brown sugar, sugar, water and vinegar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce, Worcestershire and chili powder. Mix well.
- Cook burgers on a griddle or in a frying pan until cooked through; about 5 minutes each side.
- For the last minute, place slices of gruyere cheese over each patty until melted.
- Serve cranberry BBQ sauce over hot burgers and add any other condiments you desire.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.