There are some mornings where I wake up completely craving coffee cake. Good thing I have this chocolate crumble coffee cake recipe on hand!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Total Time: 60 min Servings: 4
I am a coffee cake FANATIC. Especially when it has a crumbly topping. And especially when that crumbly topping has chocolate chips. Whenever I see that option at a bakery…I can’t resist. It is like pure happiness. And I totally love that “coffee cake” is a key word for “it’s okay to eat cake for breakfast” and people can’t judge because coffee cake is totally a breakfast food. So on those mornings I wake up craving coffee cake (and yes, that does happen) I go right to this Chocolate Chip Crumble Coffee Cake and it start my day off really, really well
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter - cold and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the cake until smooth.
- Pour into a greased or lined loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the topping until it reaches blueberry sized crumbles.
- Top the cake batter with the crumble topping. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- For a softer and lighter coffee cake, use ½ cup flour and ½ cup of cake flour.