Warm, buttery, Buttermilk Bran Muffins. You know you want to make them. In only 30 minutes!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 12 muffins
Today I give you, Grandma’s Buttermilk Bran Muffins. Trust me when I say these are the best bran muffins you will ever have. Light, fluffy, moist, buttery…OMG I want one right now. But I ate them all this weekend. And now I’m suffering withdrawals.
A little story. My sister-in-law and her family were visiting from California this summer. I made these for them the last day before their long drive home. She called me at 10pm from the grocery store (after an 11 hour drive) making sure she got the right ingredients, because she just had to have them.
I told you. They are THAT good.
- 1 cup 100% Bran cereal (this cereal is flakes, so any bran flakes will work)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups All Bran cereal (this bran cereal looks like..sticks. All Bran is the best brand - don't use FiberOne, it doesn't work for this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pour 100% Bran (flakes) cereal into a bowl with the boiling water and let soak.
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together with the eggs until fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and All Bran (sticks) cereal.
- Blend well.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in soaked cereal Bran flake cereal.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.