I have finally created the most perfect Hawaiian Chicken recipe and I am so excited to share it with you!
Difficulty: Level 2 (totally doable)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Marinate Time: 4+ hours Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes Servings: About 4
I absolutely love Hawaiian Chicken! Also commonly referred to as Huli Huli Chicken. There is this restaurant (Moh Bettah’s) and it’s like AH-MAZ-ING. So, of course, I had to replicate it. There are 2 secrets when making this chicken that you HAVE to follow.
Secret #1: Use boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Really. Please don’t try to use plain chicken breasts. It just doesn’t work. Trust me.
Secret #2: You have to grill the chicken! Definitely don’t try to cook it stove top or in the oven. The grill is a MUST.
If you follow those 2 secrets, than you will totally be able to make the most amazing Hawaiian Chicken for all your friends and family! Let me know how you like it :)
- 4 chicken thighs - boneless and skinless (this cut of meat is a must for this recipe!)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup soy
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sherry
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup water
- Place chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish or sealable plastic bag, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients until combined.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken thighs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken until cooked thoroughly (about 15 minutes depending on your grill).
- Serve by itself or over rice.
- Boneless/Skinless thighs and Grilling really make this recipe perfect!
- You can simmer the leftover marinade for a sauce if you wish.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.