I have finally created the most perfect Hawaiian Chicken recipe and I am so excited to share it with you!
Difficulty: Level 2 (totally doable)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Marinate Time: 4+ hours Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes Servings: About 4
I absolutely love Hawaiian Chicken! Also commonly referred to as Huli Huli Chicken. There is this restaurant (Moh Bettah’s) and it’s like AH-MAZ-ING. So, of course, I had to replicate it. There are 2 secrets when making this chicken that you HAVE to follow.
Secret #1: Use boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Really. Please don’t try to use plain chicken breasts. It just doesn’t work. Trust me.
Secret #2: You have to grill the chicken! Definitely don’t try to cook it stove top or in the oven. The grill is a MUST.
If you follow those 2 secrets, than you will totally be able to make the most amazing Hawaiian Chicken for all your friends and family! Let me know how you like it :)
- 4 chicken thighs - boneless and skinless (this cut of meat is a must for this recipe!)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup soy
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sherry
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup water
- Place chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish or sealable plastic bag, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients until combined.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken thighs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken until cooked thoroughly (about 15 minutes depending on your grill).
- Serve by itself or over rice.
- Boneless/Skinless thighs and Grilling really make this recipe perfect!
- You can simmer the leftover marinade for a sauce if you wish.