My favorite summer sandwich right here! Not only does it take 10 minutes, but it’s full of fresh summer tomatoes.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 4 minutes Cook Time: 1 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
This Hot Turkey Sandwich and summer veggies. This is hands down my favorite time of year! And the next few weeks are going to be filled with many different variations of summer veggies.
I learned the technique of open faced fresh tomato sandwiches from my grandmother. Nothing else compares. This is a full blown turkey sandwich with fresh tomatoes and basil. Topped with cheddar cheese and, of course, a little salt and pepper.
- 1 slice of your favorite bread
- 4 slices of turkey
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 5 pieces of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lightly toast your bread in your toaster.
- Place the turkey on the bread and top off with the cheddar cheese.
- Turn your oven to broil and broil the bread/turkey/cheese sandwich for 40-60 seconds or until cheese is melted and starts to bubble - watch closely!
- Remove sandwich. Top with fresh basil, salt and pepper. You can also add a few drop of balsamic if you're feeling it.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.