This is definitely my “go to” Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe! Because everyone needs one of those during winter.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 hrs Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes Servings: 6-8
It is my belief, that everyone needs an easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe to make it through the winter season. It can be used as a quick week night dinner, or you can dress it up nice for a dinner with friends or family. I always love using the colored carrots and potatoes, they are just so fun! Who doesn’t want to eat purple, red and yellow potatoes and carrots? Definitely add this to your arsenal of “go to” winter dinners.
- 12-15 fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion - sliced ½ inch thick
- 16 oz (1 bag) baby carrots
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups red cooking wine
- Place the potatoes, onions and carrots in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powders over the meat.
- Carefully pour the beef broth and the red wine into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours until the meat shreds apart easily.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.