Classic, robust chili! This chili has the perfect amount of heat but also feels fresh by draining the grease and adding some fresh peppers.
Servings: 12 (10 oz) bowls
Calories: 312kcalPrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups petite diced tomatoes (or 1 - 15 oz can)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (or 1 - 15 oz can)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (or 1 - 15 oz can)
- 4 tbsp green chiles (or 1 - 4 oz can)
- 4 cups red kidney beans (or 2 - 15 oz can)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain grease and set aside.
- Brown the pork sausage in a skillet. Drain grease and set aside.
- Saute the onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Put all ingredients (including browned meat and sauted veggies), in an Instant Pot or a large pot on the stove.
- To cook in the instant pot: pressure cook for 40 minutes.
- To cook stove top: simmer for 60+ minutes.
Serving: 1bowl (10 oz) | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 982mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 4mg
When I tried to print this one it says page not found it looked very tasty