fall flavors galore.
I can’t get enough fall flavors. Nuts, pumpkin, dried fruit, pumpkin, seeds, apple, pumpkin…ok I promise there is no pumpkin in this cheese. I’m not sure how well that would go over…maybe if it were to be a sweet pumpkin dessert cheeseball? Well, that’s for another day. Today we are talking this sweet and savory fruit and nut cheeseball! It’s packed with craisins and rolled in pecans, pistachios, and sunflower seeds. Happy fall everyone.
show stopping appetizer.
Not only does this cheeseball look amazing, but it tastes amazing as well. It will definitely stand out among your game day appetizers. I would bet that they have never had a fruit and nut cheeseball like this! Plus (the best part), it is super easy and make ahead friendly! I love any recipe that I can make ahead. It will make game day so much easier! No one wants to cook on game day.
a side of sweet.
Game day food and everything buffalo sauce is delicious. But sometimes it’s not to not have everything taste like buffalo sauce during your tailgate. This is a perfect way to break up the same old (albeit – delicious) game day food. For starters it’s a ball of cheese, hello AWESOME. Then it’s packed with cream cheese, goat cheese, parmesan, and craisins. Thus creating the perfect savory/sweet ball of cheese. It pairs beautifully with basically anything you want to put on a cheeseboard. Sweeten up your game day.
Fall Fruit and Nut Cheeseball
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Craisins
- ⅓ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ⅓ cup Chopped Pecans
- ⅓ cup Chopped Pistachios
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the seeds, pecans, and pistachios until well combined. Form roughly into a ball shape.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the seeds, pecans, and pistachios.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Pour ⅓ of the nut mixture onto the middle of the plastic wrap.
- Dump out the cheeseball onto the nut mixture.
- Pour another ⅓ of the nut mixture on top of the cheeseball, and spread the remaining ⅓ onto the sides of the cheeseball.
- Wrap up the cheeseball with the plastic wrap and help make it into a ball shape.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.