These homemade dinner rolls are SO FLUFFY. Which is exactly what you want in a dinner roll. Sometimes homemade bread turns out a little bit heavy. But not these! And the best part is, they only raise twice for 30 minutes each. You don’t have to wait 2+ hours for these fluffy rolls to raise. My secret bread ingredient is melted butter. Theres melted butter inside the dough…melted butter on top when they come out of the oven…these rolls are not short on the butter! It pretty much makes the roll flavor.
Have you ever had homemade rolls? Store bought or frozen just doesn’t compare. There is something about homemade bread that no store can replicate. And the smell of bread wafting through your house…it’s making me drool just thinking about it! Here’s the best part though. You can totally make these fluffy dinner rolls. If you’re scared of the yeasted breads – don’t be! Be brave and totally try making these rolls. If you run into any problems, you can always throw up a comment underneath the recipe, or send a direct email! I would love to help out.
These rolls will be the star…ok just kidding. The turkey is probably the star. But these rolls will be a fantastic accompaniment to that delicious turkey. These rolls can be served with butter, jam, or plain – used to sop up the rest of that gravy and potatoes. Thanksgiving is all about making a dinner that is homemade, delicious, and one that you are proud of. These rolls will not disappoint! I mean, what’s better than making homemade fluffy dinner rolls for your Thanksgiving dinner? That’s pretty awesome. And everyone will be super impressed.
Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter +extra for topping
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the best, sugar, and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Add in the flour, salt, milk, and melted butter. Mix with the dough hook of a stand mixer until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and let raise for 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roughly shape into a square. Using a sharp knife or a bench scraper, cut the dough into 16 equal squares.
- Pull the edges of the dough piece underneath the dough. Then gently roll on the counter to make a nice round shape. (Video link for how to do this is in the notes section!)
- Place dough balls in a greased 9x13 pan or round cake pan. (16 will fit in a 9x13, 8 will fit in a round cake pan). Cover and let raise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes until the tops are golden. Brush melted butter on the rolls as soon as they come out of the oven. Let them rest for 15 minutes before serving.