literally perfect for game day.
Let’s talk game day food. Wings. Fingerfoods. Dips. Chips. Brats. Buffalo everything. Oh it just make my heart happy. I LOVE football season. But I do have a confession to make…half (or more the half…) the time I’m not even paying attention to who’s playing on the tv or what the score is…but there is just something about the sound of football on in the background that makes fall weekends that much better.
And the food. Obviously. This pepper jacky cheeseball is quite literally perfect for your game day celebrations. It screams game day on so many levels. So be prepared this weekend, and serve up a PEPPER JACK CHEESEBALL.
adding spice to the norm.
Cheeseballs are delicious. But they are usually pretty tame and conservative on flavor. But this one…THIS ONE. My favorite ingredient that adds a ton of flavor, is diced green chiles. These are found in small cans usually by the Mexican food in your grocery store. They may be small, but they are not short on peppery flavor! Seriously, don’t skimp on the green chiles. They make the world go round….ok well they make this ball of cheese go round.
“wow. that’s delicious.”
This is what I hear ALL. THE. TIME. when someone dips their cracker into this cheeseball. It’s a complete showstopper because it’s different. And obviously delicious. And perfect for game day in case I haven’t said it enough. Plus it’s covered in crushed tortilla chips. C’mon. There’s almost nothing more “game day” than tortilla chips. So take this “wow, that’s delicious” pepper jack cheeseball to your next game day event.
Game Day Pepper Jack Cheeseball
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup Crushed Tortilla Chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the tortilla chips until well combined. Form roughly into a ball shape.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Pour ⅓ of the tortilla chips onto the middle of the plastic wrap.
- Dump out the cheeseball onto the pile of almonds.
- Pour another ⅓ of the tortilla chips on top of the cheeseball, and spread the remaining ⅓ onto the sides of the cheeseball.
- Wrap up the cheeseball with the plastic wrap and help make it into a ball shape.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.