I’ve been working on this recipe a long time – but finally what I believe to be the perfect dinner rolls!
Half Batch Dinner Rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Rising Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Servings: 6 rolls
Dinner rolls that make only 6 so you don't have leftover rolls for days!Print Recipe
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- In a stand mixer (or large bowl), gently stir together the yeast, sugar, and warm water.
- While the yeast puffs up in the water, get your other ingredients ready.
- Add all the ingredients into the yeast/water mixture. Using the dough hook of your stand mixer (or a wooden spoon if making in a bowl), mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- The dough should not be sticky, but also not be dry. If it is too sticky, add a little more water. If it seems really dry, add some more water and mix again.
- Knead for 2-3 minutes (with dough hook in mixer, or by hand).
- Lightyl grease a large bowl, put the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a towel, and let raise 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the dough onto parchemnt paper. gently shape into a circle, and cut the dough like pie into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a tight roll shape and place on a greased 9" cake pan, or an 8" square pan.
- Let rasie 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- After 30 minutes, bake rolls for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool a few minutes, optionally top with butter.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg