This is quite possible my most favorite dessert I have ever made. Layers of chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake, on top of a bed of Reese’s pb cups, in an oreo crust, topped with chocolate ganache.
Difficulty: 3 (you can do it)
Hands On Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 60 minutes Set Time: 2 hrs Total Time: 3 hrs 30 minutes Servings: 10-12
Behold, the glory of Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake. There may just be Reese’s PB cups in here. Mmmhmmm. You heard me. REESE’S PB CUPS IN THIS CHEESECAKE.
Cheesecake has been a long time favorite dessert of mine. When I was younger I always would get the cheesecake desserts at restaurant. As I’ve gotten older, it’s usually the chocolate desserts. But when there’s chocolate cheesecake? No contest. I don’t care how much I’ve stuffed myself with appetizer bread and dinner. Gosh darn it I’m going to order and eat all of that chocolate cheesecake. Or this one. This Berry Cheesecake is pretty darn good too.
- 20 oreos
- 4 tbsp buter - melted
- 24 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate - melted
- 15 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 cups cream
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place the oreos in a food processor and blend until completely chopped.
- Mix the chopped oreos with the melted butter.
- Press the oreo mixture into the bottom of a buttered 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, blend the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth.
- Add in the salt, vanilla, eggs and sour cream - blend until smooth.
- Divide the cheesecake batter evenly between two bowls.
- In one bowl mix in the peanut butter.
- In the second bowl, mix in the melted chocolate.
- Place the peanut butter cups in the bottom of the pan with the oreo crust, as many as you can fit!
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake mixture over the oreo crust and the peanut butter cups.
- Carefully pour the peanut butter cheesecake mixture over the chocolate cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes (cheesecake will still be jiggly after 45 minutes, that is okay)
- Chill the cheesecake for 1-2 hours. Then carefully remove from the springform pan.
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan until it just starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips - let sit for 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Carefully pour chocolate ganache over cooked and cooled cheesecake.
- Let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.