Quinoa Fried Rice is an awesome, protein packed substitution for fried rice! Not to mention, it’s delicious.
Difficulty: 1 (easy peasy)
Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4-6
I made more quinoa for you. Because I still totally love quinoa. Seriously guys. I love it so much that I had quinoa everyday for lunch last week. Quinoa. Every day. And I ate it with broccoli.
I ate quinoa and broccoli everyday last week.
I’ve gotten into the habit of making a large serving of quinoa and keeping it in the fridge so my random and crazy quinoa cravings can be tamed quickly. Having quinoa stored in the fridge is perfect for this dish as it cooks better if the quinoa is cold. Well, goodnight quinoa…until tomorrow.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa - cold
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp thai chili garlic paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen veggies
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a skillet, brown the ground chicken until it is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a wok, or stir fry pan (a large skillet will work fine as well) heat the oil.
- Turn heat to medium and add the garlic to the oil and saute for just a minute.
- Add the cold quinoa.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and thai chili garlic paste. Mix to incorporate all the sauces.
- Scoot the quinoa away from the middle of the pan to create a circle.
- Crack the two eggs and place them in the circle. Let eggs cook for about 2 minutes, scramble them up in the middle and let them cook 2 minutes more.
- Mix the quinoa and the eggs all together.
- Add in the cooked chicken, the frozen veggies and the sesame oil.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes (until it is fried to your liking) stirring occasionally.