These are my MOST FAVORITE tacos ever. I mean, Bacon. Chipotle. Crema. On Steak Tacos. In 30 minutes. Thank you to Omaha Steaks for providing the marinated prime rib steaks found in these tacos.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
OMG. OMG OMG OMG. This is one of the most epic recipes I have ever made. Also, have you guys noticed yet that Cinco de Mayo is on Taco Tuesday?! This might be the greatest day of the year.
I still can’t get over this sauce. I can eat it all day every day and it will never get old. It has bacon in it, guys. Bacon sauce on your tacos.
These steak tacos are made with marinated prime rib from Omaha Steaks. Hands down. No contest. These prime rib steaks are the best thing I have ever had from Omaha Steaks. If you buy one thing from them? Buy these. No joke. And then you can make these tacos. Because they will complete your life.
Seriously though, make these tacos.
- 4 Omaha Steaks marinated prime rib steaks
- 1 cup Mexican crema (can substitute with sour cream)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 4 pieces bacon – cooked
- Corn Tortillas – warmed
- ½ cup chopped purple cabbage
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ½ cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- Slice prime rib steaks ¼ inch thick.
- Place sliced steak into a pan (or two pans if needed) and cook on medium-high for 7-10 minutes until meat is cooked through; stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat and set aside; cover to keep warm.
- Add the crema, cumin, chipotle chili powder, garlic salt and cooked bacon to a food processor or blender.
- Let the food processor run for 1-2 minutes.
- Check to see that all ingredients have been incorporated and there are no chunks of bacon.
- Place a few strips of cooked steak on a warmed tortilla, top with cabbage, cotija cheese, cilantro and the bacon chipotle crema.