These carrots are roasted in butter, a little sugar and salt & pepper until they are caramelized to perfection.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands on Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes Servings: 4-6
Sweet, salty, buttery, crunchy, caramelized…roasted carrots. Have you ever wished your veggies tasted like candy? Come on now. Candy vegetables. It’s like a dream come true. Especially when you’re trying to get kids to eat their vegetables. Well. Dreams are about to come true. Believe me that these carrots taste like candy. And make them like…now.
Yes there may be glorious globs of sugar and butter on these…but they’re carrots so they’re still healthy, right? Vegetables are vegetables, no matter how they’re cooked. And vegetable are always healthy. So no guilt in eating these beauties.
Tell me you don’t want to just pluck these out of your computer screen this second. They’ve got a nice little caramelized sweet crunch, with a taste of salt and pepper. And don’t forget the butter!
- 12-15 medium/large sized carrots
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut carrots into pieces about 3 inches in length. You may need to cut the thick pieces of carrots in half lengthwise so that all pieces are more or less the same thickness.
- Place cut carrots in a large mixing bowl and add the butter, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Mix until the carrots are coated.
- Spread carrots out on a lightly greased cookie sheet, you may want to use 2 sheets to spread out the carrots.
- Cover the baking sheets with tinfoil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and cook for 30 minutes until carrots are nicely browned.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.