A twist on classic banana bread! A little almond flavor and an amazing almond crumble to top it off.
Difficulty: 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 65 minutes Servings: 1 loaf
Is it totally weird that I don’t really love bananas but I totally love banana bread? Bananas never make it into my smoothies. Or my milkshakes. Definitely no bananas in my milkshakes. I usually don’t eat them plain. Occasionally I’ll eat them in cereal…but that’s about the extent. But banana bread? Heck I’ll eat alllllll the bananas if they are in banana bread form. And then I created this almond crumble banana bread.
It’s like fruit in carb form. That is happiness.
- 3 tbsp butter - cold
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Cut the cold butter into small squares.
- In a small mixing bow (using a fork, a whisk or your hand) mix/combine the butter, flour, sugars and cinnamon. Mixture should be dry and clumpy with clumps being roughly the size of peas.
- Add in the almonds and mix again. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and then gently add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- When that is mixed, add in the vanilla, almond extract and mashed banana until just mixed in.
- Grease a bread pan and pour in the banana bread batter.
- Top with the crumble mixture and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.