These gluten free almond poppyseed muffins are made with an almond flour and coconut flour blend and sponsored by the amazing Better Body Foods!
Difficulty: Level 2 (totally doable)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes Servings: 6-9 muffins
I am a total texture person. There are some foods that I just can’t eat because of their texture. Chia seed pudding, those boba teas, definitely not okay. Uck, that slimy texture just does not go over very well.
I usually run into this texture catastrophe when I try to eat gluten free baked goods. I usually don’t love gluten free items because their texture is just off! So, when I found out about this awesome contest of finding the perfect gluten free blend, it was game on!
I was determined to make something that was gluten free and had an amazing texture. Well folks, here it is. I give you, Gluten Free Poppyseed Muffins. They were a HIT at my house! I never thought I would say that! I really didn’t think it was possible to make something gluten free that would disappear so fast and be a favorite with my friends and family.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the coconut oil, egg and agave.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and xantham gum.
- Mix in the almond extract, vanilla and milk.
- Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, transfer the batter to a high power blender and blend for 1 minute until completely smooth.
- Transfer back to the mixing bowl and mix in the poppyseeds.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin papers and fill the tins with the batter. Makes about 6-9 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.