This Copycat Cafe Rio Queso recipe takes you LESS time to make at home than it does to drive to Cafe Rio and get some! It’s a perfect companion for all your football parties.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
Super Queso for the Super Bowl! Because cheese and football just go together. Don’t they? Cheese and football. Football and cheese. It just works people, it just works. Don’t try to mess with the cheese and football mojo.
That being said. Let me tell you about that little pot of golden deliciousness. I accepted a challenge from a friend who really wanted a copycat Cafe Rio queso recipe. So, I went to Cafe Rio to get some nachos, because duh, nachos. And then I went home, ate all the nachos, and all the queso and then…I made more queso.
This perfectly creamy wonderfully processed cheese dip is full of salsa, jalapeños and 3 kinds of cheese. All. The. CHEESE. Now you just need one thing.
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 4 oz velveeta
- 2 cups cheddar cheese - grated
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeños
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Heat the half and half in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the velveeta, cheddar and cream cheese. Mix until all cheese are melted.
- Add in the salsa, jalapeños, cayenne, cumin and chili powder. Mix until combine.
- Serve immediately with your choice of chips