I’m sorry I have boycotted you for the last 16 months. Also, I’m sorry for calling you ‘kee-no-ah’ before I knew better. No wonder people never knew what I was talking about and I never knew what they were talking about when they said ‘keen-wah’. I’ll make it up to you by posting way too many recipes of you.
Sincerely, The DIY Foodie
Difficulty: Level 2 (totally doable)
Hands On Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4-6
I kind of hate to admit it, but I kind of love quinoa. Quite literally, I have another batch of quinoa cooking on the stove right now. I’m also eating a cookie…but we don’t need to talk about that.
Having quinoa with stir-fry…I almost liked it more than rice. Almost. Which is saying a lot, because I really love rice. I better watch out, because I just know that the rice gods are going to come after me for saying that.
Stir fry is totally my i-have-no-idea-what-to-make-so-i’m-going-to-throw-you-in-a-pan-and-call-you-stir-fry kind of dinner. Works like a charm, every time. But I seem to never make the same kind of stir fry.
Until now. I loved this stir fry so much that I just had to make it official and share it with you.
- 1 lb chicken - cut into small strips
- ¼ cup onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Thai Chili Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups broccoli - chopped
- 1 cup carrots - sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa.
- In a bowl, mix the onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, salt, sesame oil, sriracha, hoisin sauce and thai chili paste.
- Add in the chicken and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the broccoli and carrots to the pan.
- Sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Cook vegetables until broccoli turns a bright green (about 4 minutes) mixing frequently.
- Remove from pan.
- Add the chicken mixture to the pan and cook until it is cooked through (about 7 -8 minutes)
- Combine the cornstarch and water.
- Mix cornstarch mixture into the pan with the chicken.
- Add in the vegetables.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes; mixing occasionally.
- Serve over quinoa.