If I happen to have people coming over for breakfast, this is what I make! Super easy, super delicious, and can even be prepped the night before.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 15 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes Servings: 6-8
I’m so excited to finally bring you my favorite french toast recipe! This is my “go-to” recipe for a fancy, but easy breakfast! I have always loved french toast but I fail when I have to cook it on the griddle! It’s either too soggy in the middle or too over done. Probably because I’m just not patient enough let it cook the right way. But this baked french toast comes out perfect every time!
I also love it because it can be prepped the night before, leaving minimal work in the morning! No one wants to spend hours on breakfast, right?! Top this with some fresh berries and some syrup if you wish, and you got yourself a start breakfast.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Slice the French bread into about 1 inch slices and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and brown sugar - pour over bread.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix together the melted butter and brown sugar - pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with frozen berries.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.