Simple chocolate crepes filled with nutella and topped with fresh raspberry compote. A big thank you to Driscoll’s Berries for providing the coupons for this giveaway as part of their #pictureperfectplate campaign.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: About 10 crepes
I’m just into combining all of my favorite things into one recipe lately. Last week I combined all of my favorite burger topping into this epic White BBQ Bacon Burger. This week I shoved all of my favorite flavors into a dessert. And the result was beautiful.
Please welcome raspberry chocolate crepes.
Oh yes you heard me right. These chocolate crepes are stuffed with nutella and topped with a beautiful fresh raspberry compote. So. Since summer is almost over (sad face. but uhm, super excited for fall. because…pumpkin-everything) you need to grab the last of the summer berries and make an amazing dish! All my berry dishes tend to be desserts. Like this berry cheesecake, this raspberry pavlova, and obvi, these chocolate raspberry crepes.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups berries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk all ingredients for the crepes until they form a smooth mixture.
- Grease and heat a skillet.
- Pour ⅓ cup batter in the skillet and turn until the crepe batter coats the bottom of the skillet in an even circle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, then carefully flip the crepe with a spatula.
- Cook one minute more and remove.
- Repeat until batter is gone, stuff with nutella (optional) and serve with raspberry compote!
- Place all ingredients for the compote in a small sauce pan and heat on low.
- Mix/smash mixture and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over fresh crepes.