This Cinnamon Roll French Toast tastes EXACTLY like cinnamon rolls, but it’s so much easier than going through the process of actually making cinnamon rolls!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 hr 10 minutes (+overnight soaking time) Servings: 6-8
Any cinnamon roll lovers out there? You know who you are, you’re walking through the airport or the shopping mall and then you smell it…that darn cinnamon roll restaurant. And you have to stop and get one. You can’t resist. I have one of those people in my house – the husband. He is always asking me to make cinnamon rolls but let’s face it, I’m just too darn lazy to put in the work! So, I found a cheat. This Baked Cinnamon Roll French Toast tastes exactly like cinnamon rolls! Plus, it’s so much easier. I’m all about that.
- 1 French Baguette sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz cream cheese - softened
- 2 tbsp butter - softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place sliced baguette pieces in 9x13 pan.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients for the French Toast.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the french toast from the fridge and preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the Topping.
- Pour topping over french toast and bake for 50 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, mix all the ingredients for the cream cheese glaze.
- Drizzle cream cheese glaze over fresh french toast.