Have you ever made a beautiful dinner just to realize you didn’t make gravy?! Here is a simple “how-to” on making gravy!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8-10
- 2 tbsp flour (maybe more)
- 1 cup water (maybe more)
- Drippings/juices from the pan that roasted your meat
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- Combine the flour and water in a closable container, shake and set aside. Shake like crazy! You don’t want any chunks of flour, you want it very smooth. Protein shaker bottles work very well for this!
- Strain out the drippings from your pan (meaning take out any chunks of meat or veggies in there), and simmer in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the flour mixture to the simmering liquid and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. I like to use seasoning salt as well as regular salt for more flavor. Taste as you go and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Simmer until the gravy is thick and serve!
Did you like this post? Join The DIY Foodie and many others in their journey of learning how to cook! We are excited to have you.
Success! Check your email now to confirm your subscription.