Have you ever made a beautiful dinner just to realize you didn’t make gravy?! Here is a simple “how-to” on making gravy!
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8-10
How To Make Gravy
- 2 tbsp flour (maybe more)
- 1 cup water (maybe more)
- Drippings/juices from the pan that roasted your meat
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- Combine the flour and water in a closable container, shake and set aside. Shake like crazy! You don’t want any chunks of flour, you want it very smooth. Protein shaker bottles work very well for this!
- Strain out the drippings from your pan (meaning take out any chunks of meat or veggies in there), and simmer in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the flour mixture to the simmering liquid and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. I like to use seasoning salt as well as regular salt for more flavor. Taste as you go and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Simmer until the gravy is thick and serve!
The DIY Foodie http://thediyfoodie.com/