These are my grandmother’s, out of this world, mint sticks (okay or mint brownies). I refuse to eat any other mint brownies because they just aren’t good enough.
Difficulty: Level 2 (totally doable)
Hands On Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Cooling Time: 60 minutes Total Time: 2 hours
You guys. My grandma ruined me. I can never enjoy mint brownies because they never compare to her mint sticks. These are so good and SO addicting, I’m giving you fair warning. My mom would make these all the time growing up and I have never tasted another mint brownie like it. Whatever combination of mint, chocolate, sugar etc. my grandma used to create this recipe is better than anything else you will ever taste. So give my grandma some love and whip up a batch of these. Oh my goodness I’m drooling just writing this post!
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp butter - softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 ½ tsp mint extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp butter
- Melt together the chocolate and butter (either in a double boiler, over low heat, or in the microwave) Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, salt, mint extract and flour. Slowly add in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool 30+ minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, powdered sugar, milk and mint extract.
- Carefully spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and butter (either in a double boiler, over low heat, or in the microwave)
- Carefully spread the chocolate mixture over the brownies and mint filling. Refrigerate 20 minutes more.