I have been adjust and tweaking this recipe over the years to finally bring you these PERFECT sugar cookies! Top with this cream cheese frosting for best results.
Difficulty: Level 1 (easy peasy)
Hands On Time: 30 min Chill Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 mins Total Time: 60 mins Servings: About 36 cookies
But when it comes to sugar cookies…my chocolate dessert craving goes out the window! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE a perfect sugar cookie. There’s not a whole lot that can beat soft and fluffy sugar cookies. Especially when they’re topped with cream cheese frosting. Really, that’s the only kind of frosting to ever put on sugar cookies. I’m totally going to brag a little bit. These are hands down, no contest, the best sugar cookies I have ever made. I know I know, I made them. But still, they are the best. Most sugar cookies just don’t even compare. So please trust me on this and make yourself a batch. You won’t be able to stop eating them!
Just top with your favorite frosting, (which should totally be this perfect cream cheese frosting), and you have show stopping cookies right there. I can’t tell you how many of these I ate this weekend…
Want to make those beautiful rose cookies? Here is the super easy tutorial: Rose Cookie Tutorial
- 1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 batch of your favorite frosting, or, this perfect cream cheese
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and both sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- Add the baking powder, salt and flour, mix until combined.
- Roll out dough on a baking mat or parchment paper the size of a cookie sheet until it is ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, or glass, cut the sugar cookie dough, but leave the shapes in place. Remove the excess dough from around the cookie dough shapes.
- Place this cookie sheet into the fridge for 15-30 minutes (this ensures the dough keeps its shape while cooking).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (cookies will not be browned, but they are done!)
- Let cool for 15 minutes and frost with delicious frosting